Whether you are single, in a relationship, engaged, married, or going out with a friend; this list of ideas is meant just for you!
Having a date night is very important to keep the connection alive and have some fun together. What most people assume is a date night is always supposed to be out somewhere, but that’s not the case.
I will be sharing some date night ideas you can do at home and out in public.
Date night ideas
- Take a drive around town. Enjoy the scenery around you and appreciate all you see. Discuss with your date what you notice around town and build a discussion upon this.
- Watch a movie together. Find a movie that you know you both enjoy. Grab a blanket and cuddle (if that’s your thing!)
- Go to a concert/sporting event. This should be a artist or team you both would enjoy or love!
- Head on over to an amusement park. Going to amusement parks can be so much fun. The food always seems to be great and the rides are so much fun. You can share many laughs.
- Helicopter ride. I did this last year with my husband in Los Angeles over Long Beach. It was something I was very scared to do, not going to lie. I told myself I was never going to. He completely surprised me and it was so much fun!
- House hunting. Whether you look online or go look at homes in person, this is always fun. You get to learn what your significant other is looking for in a home. This is something we’ve started doing recently together.
- Heading to the local zoo or aquarium. This is so much fun and you get to be around nature.
- Take a class together. The type of class up could take together is endless. For example a cooking class, relationship class, budgeting, etc.
- Go for a walk in your local park. Enjoy all you see and enjoy the time you get to spend with your person.
- Play video games. My husband plays flight simulator occasionally. But when he does, he tries to teach me and I sometimes play. We also like to play on the Xbox.
- Make a meal together.
- Do a photo shoot together. You can do this by yourself or you can hire someone professionally. We love taking photos together and getting silly!
- Make each other laugh. Whether this means telling a job, playing Mad Libs together, watching funny videos, sending memes, or telling jokes; make sure you make your significant other laugh.
- Have a sing-a-long. Bring out the guitar or piano if you want. Sing some of your favorite songs together!
- Go to a farmer’s market. You can pick out some good quality ingredients for some meals, then go cook/bake them together.
- Go on a scavenger hunt. Make a scavenger hunt for each other, then go find everything that they have on the list for you.
- Learn about your ancestry. This is always interesting and can bring up some deep conversations. You can do this in many ways. http://www.ancestry.com and http://www.23andme.com/DNATestForAncestry are a couple good websites for this.
- Take a music lesson. Learn a new instrument together. Then, make time to practice together certain days each week. Watch each other progress!
- Go out for ice cream or a smoothie. Who doesn’t love ice cream?
- Go to a street fair. So much delicious food and great fun! You may even find new foods that you like.
- Go bowling. This is fun, especially if you are both competitive or just like to play, in general.
- Take a hike. You get the chance to see so many beautiful sights along the way, plus you get to exercise.
- Have a field day. Take some of your favorite foods, water, and a soccer ball/football/baseball and bat to the field. Just don’t wear anything that you wouldn’t mind getting dirty.
- Go dancing. This is something I always suggest, as it gets you out of your comfort zone and having fun.
- Go shopping. Pick out outfits for each other. Grab a bite to eat while you shop.
- Take a weekend trip. Whether you stay in the same state or go out of state, this is a way to get out of your city for awhile and relax.
- Workout. You can easily do this at home or you can go to a local gym. Whether it is running or doing yoga together, it counts. Here are a couple workouts you can do together. These can be for losing weight or maintaining. https://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/lose-weight/total-body/couple-workout/?page=2, https://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=765, http://www.yogawiz.com/health-issues-and-yoga/yoga-for-couples.html
- Go wine tasting.
- Go to a book store.
- Sit by the fireplace. Start a conversation, grab a glass of wine, and relax.
- Watch a movie. Grab some popcorn and a drink. Sit back and relax.
- Make a meal together. Whether it is something you usually make or if it is something new, this can spark a connection. It is fun! I love cooking with my husband.
- Learn something new. Research something you have been wanting to know about or head to a local museum.
- Cross some items off your bucket lists’.
- Head to your local nursery or greenhouse. This can be fun, especially if you love gardening. I did not know much about gardening until I met my lovely husband. Every time we go to Walmart, I learn something new about plants.
- Have a picnic.
- Play a childhood game. For example, Twister is a fun one and gets you to laugh. Battleship is another option, as well as Monopoly.
- Go to the spa.
- Dance in the rain.
- Stargaze. This is so much fun. We found out about this app called The Night Sky. It is available for both Android and iPhones.
- Take the scenic route somewhere. Whether this is just a walk or drives to your local stores, this is fun and can spark good conversation.
- Learn a new language.
- Read the same book together. After each chapter, talk about it. Once the book is done, give your honest opinion.
- Plan a dream vacation, even if you cannot afford it.
- Go camping. This can be done in your backyard or an open field.
- Visit your local thrift store. Look at clothing, home decor, or anything you are both interested in! You do not have to leave with anything.
- Attend a local open mic night.
- Make a music playlist. Have music both you and your significant other enjoy.
- Interview each other. There may be some things you do not know, so don’t be afraid to ask any questions you may have.
This is a list of some of my personal favorite date night ideas. Obviously, there are more than just these to enjoy with your significant other. What are some of your favorite date night ideas? Feel free to share your favorite date you have been on.